Definition of beneficiary:
- A feudatory or vassal; hence, one who holds a benefice and uses its proceeds.
- Bestowed as a gratuity; as, beneficiary gifts.
- Holding some office or valuable possession, in subordination to another; holding under a feudal or other superior; having a dependent and secondary possession.
- One who receives anything as a gift; one who receives a benefit or advantage; esp. one who receives help or income from an educational fund or a trust estate.
In these concerts the " Acis and Galatea" and " Alexander's Feast" were the most admired; but the enthusiasm culminated in the rendition of the " Messiah," produced for the first time on April 13, 1742. The performance was a beneficiary one in aid of poor and distressed prisoners for debt in the Marshalsea in Dublin.- "The Great German Composers", George T. Ferris.
- "Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist", Alexander Berkman.
- "The Facts of Reconstruction", John R. Lynch.