Definition of benevolent:
sympathetic, forgiving, merciful, tender-hearted, pitying, warm-hearted, nice, do-good, kindhearted, warm, softhearted, give, attitude, study at kind, generous, harmonic, kindly, goodhearted, philanthropical, appealing, kind-hearted, good, tenderhearted, helpful, openhearted, warmhearted, freehearted, human, gracious, likable, large-hearted, good-hearted, sensitive, caring, kind, benignant, eleemosynary, philanthropic, likeable.
- generous (part of speech: adjective)
- benevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- mild (part of speech: adjective)
- paternal (part of speech: adjective)
- philanthropic (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Squire's Daughter", Silas K(itto) Hocking.
- "The Book of Khalid", Ameen Rihani.
- "The Breaking Point", Mary Roberts Rinehart.