Definition of beside :
1. Aside from; out of the regular course or order of; in a state of deviation from; out of.
2. At the side of; on one side of.
3. More than that; over and above; not included in the number, or in what has been mentioned; moreover; in addition.
4. On one side.
5. Over and above; distinct from; in addition to.
but a step from, adjacent to, as well as, close at hand, close to, alongside, saving, compared with, united, neighboring, by, close upon, beyond, bar, compared with/to, relatively, seen against something, abreast, connected with, next door, attached, next to, exclusive of, to one side, contiguous to, the... the..., bordering on, overlooking, save, outside of, except for, parallel to, nearby, whereas, barring, verging on, outside, besides, aside from, on the edge of, other than, side by side, than, relative, cheek by jowl, close, by/in contrast, over and above, excluding, but, apart from, in juxtaposition, in comparison with, adjoining, with, near, next door to
- Just think, when I was company, and she had all the others beside. - "Jewel's Story Book", Clara Louise Burnham.
- Yes, darling, Mad'len is here- right beside you. - "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1896 to 1901", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- Rose stood beside him in the hall. - "Rose MacLeod", Alice Brown.