Definition of betray:
- To deliver into the hands of an enemy by treachery or fraud, in violation of trust; to give up treacherously or faithlessly; as, an officer betrayed the city.
- To disclose or discover, as something which prudence would conceal; to reveal unintentionally.
- To lead astray, as a maiden; to seduce ( as under promise of marriage) and then abandon.
- To mislead; to expose to inconvenience not foreseen to lead into error or sin.
- To prove faithless or treacherous to, as to a trust or one who trusts; to be false to; to deceive; as, to betray a person or a cause.
- To show or to indicate; - said of what is not obvious at first, or would otherwise be concealed.
- To violate the confidence of, by disclosing a secret, or that which one is bound in honor not to make known.
make, grass, cuckold, thieve, defecate, scab, crap, corrupt, browse, drift, patronise, ca-ca, conk out, sell out, reveal, roll, blackleg, rove, rip off, snitch, cop, miscarry, mark, disappoint, chouse, wind, take a crap, frequent, range, take a shit, hoodwink, bring out, cozen, trade, honest, tramp, bamboozle, hook, stag, let out, discover, chicane, take in, stab in the back, weave, break, give away, unwrap, uncover, bewray, go wrong, let down, sell, glom, denounce, adhere, have, buy at, lead on, meander, give out, wander, stigmatise, misdirect, stigmatize, double-cross, run out, sponsor, spy, peach, knock off, inform, flush it, trust, rat, stool, give way, lead astray, shaft, blab, go bad, misguide, deal, bomb, ramble, chisel, disclose, tell on, cheat, break down, go, make known, spill, expose, cast, bluff, sleuth, flunk, turn in, cross up, seduce, shit, roam, humbug, let on, patronize, beguile, deceive, snoop, vagabond, fail, four-flush, unveil, screw, fink, brand, show, support, swan, cheat on, divulge, shop, grass over, trick, neglect, digress, shop at, jockey, stray, lead off, die, tell, thread, divagate.