Definition of bite :
1. A blank on the edge or corner of a page, owing to a portion of the frisket, or something else, intervening between the type and paper.
2. A cheat; a trick; a fraud.
3. A morsel; as much as is taken at once by biting.
4. A sharper; one who cheats.
5. The act of puncturing or abrading with an organ for taking food, as is done by some insects.
6. The act of seizing with the teeth or mouth; the act of wounding or separating with the teeth or mouth; a seizure with the teeth or mouth, as of a bait; as, to give anything a hard bite.
7. The hold which the short end of a lever has upon the thing to be lifted, or the hold which one part of a machine has upon another.
8. The wound made by biting; as, the pain of a dog's or snake's bite; the bite of a mosquito.
9. To cause a smarting sensation; to have a property which causes such a sensation; to be pungent; as, it bites like pepper or mustard.
10. To cause sharp pain, or smarting, to; to hurt or injure, in a literal or a figurative sense; as, pepper bites the mouth.
11. To cause sharp pain; to produce anguish; to hurt or injure; to have the property of so doing.
12. To cheat; to trick; to take in.
13. To puncture, abrade, or sting with an organ ( of some insects) used in taking food.
14. To seize something forcibly with the teeth; to wound with the teeth; to have the habit of so doing; as, does the dog bite?
15. To seize with the teeth, so that they enter or nip the thing seized; to lacerate, crush, or wound with the teeth; as, to bite an apple; to bite a crust; the dog bit a man.
16. To take a bait into the mouth, as a fish does; hence, to take a tempting offer.
17. To take hold of; to hold fast; to adhere to; as, the anchor bites the ground.
18. To take or keep a firm hold; as, the anchor bites.
glow, moment, second, cauterize, pungency, insect bite, distinctness, flake, confidence game, hustle, cauterise, collation, bunko game, nibble, bunco game, stick, smart, minute, gyp, chip, flimflam, piece, wear, goad, ask for a loan, sunburn, nip, fire, meal, acuteness, prick up, spot, corrode, cut, turn, raciness, bit, gnash, champ, routine, chew, burn off, chomp, confidence trick, prickle, mo, asperity, borrow, bunko, ingestion, twinge, prick, stinging, gnaw, con game, cock up, combust, bunco, snatch, number, keenness, laceration, spiciness, burn up, mouthful, ribaldry, sharpness, act, erode, seize with teeth, wear away, acuity, burn down, fleck, con, nosh, edge, morsel, touch, attack, scrap, gaminess, incinerate
eat (part of speech: verb)
pain (part of speech: noun)
gripe, spasm, hurt, chafing, inflammation, stitch, painfulness, suffering, wound, stab, malaise, grief, smarting, crick, bruise, discomfort, sting, migraine, pain, pang, rack, torment, back-ache, injury, headache, earache, sore, agony, ache, affliction, irritation, anguish, wrench, throe, torture, misery, distress, infliction, burn, throb, cramp