Definition of black :
1. A black garment or dress; as, she wears black
2. A black pigment or dye.
3. A negro; a person whose skin is of a black color, or shaded with black; esp. a member or descendant of certain African races.
4. A stain; a spot; a smooch.
5. Destitute of light, or incapable of reflecting it; of the color of soot or coal; of the darkest or a very dark color, the opposite of white; characterized by such a color; as, black cloth; black hair or eyes.
6. Expressing menace, or discontent; threatening; sullen; foreboding; as, to regard one with black looks.
7. Fig.: Dismal, gloomy, or forbidding, like darkness; destitute of moral light or goodness; atrociously wicked; cruel; mournful; calamitous; horrible.
8. In a less literal sense: Enveloped or shrouded in darkness; very dark or gloomy; as, a black night; the heavens black with clouds.
9. Mourning garments of a black color; funereal drapery.
10. Sullenly; threateningly; maliciously; so as to produce blackness.
11. That which is destitute of light or whiteness; the darkest color, or rather a destitution of all color; as, a cloth has a good black.
12. The part of a thing which is distinguished from the rest by being black.
13. To make black and shining, as boots or a stove, by applying blacking and then polishing with a brush.
14. To make black; to blacken; to soil; to sully.
sepulchral, threatening, rotten, dimmed, Afro-American, inglorious, clad, sour, coordinates, desolate, amber, plutonian, char, bemired, inkiness, avocado, miserable, Aryan, painful, barren, grimy, down, malignant, bleak, attitude, minatory, ebon, sorry, darkling, downhearted, foreboding, lonely, soiled, covert, uncharitable, mucky, combats, grisly, baby-blue, unethical, befoul, dusty, ominous, jet, minacious, sordid, inexorable, dark-skinned, coolie, dull, stark, coon, dishonorable, morose, grim, chill, non-white, african-american, dense, amethyst, baggies, blackamoor, unfortunate, blackness, melanise, relentless, blue, beatific, corked, negroid, curious, pitch-black, opaque, terrible, muddy, raven, clean, low-spirited, unlit, wispy, in color, vitriolic, elegiac, lonesome, monstrous, cutting, swart, saturnine, multiracial, smutty, portentous, glum, unappeasable, disgraceful, nefarious, unlawful, raw, macabre, grubby, brunet, bootleg, illegal, sunless, Shirley Temple, despiteful, pitch blackness, pitchy, unkind, sullen, pitch-dark, calamitous, unclean, blackish, jetty, nasty, pessimistic, fateful, moody, smuggled, sick, full-blooded, undiluted, Eskimo, subdued, foul, appealing, depressing, ghastly, opprobrious, African, menacing, peccant, soil, depressive, bare, glowering, poisonous, obscured, black-market, mordant, rayless, smudged, inhuman, right, grotty, bitchy, black person, benighted, malevolent, array, sad, slow, colors, caliginous, morbid, disastrous, alabaster, abusive, corrosive, total darkness, gruesome, blackened, flat, brooding, scurrilous, color, unhappy, dirty, ignominious, dumb, draggled, casuals, effervescent, carbonated, hateful, vague, tenebrous, dour, fatal, unsavory, besmirch, smutch, smudge, beachwear, full-bodied, drear, upsetting, alcoholic, Shirley Temple Black, forlorn, clothed, malign, godforsaken, dusk, bug-eyed, obtuse, cruel, awful, unrelenting, comfortless, nationality, happy, begrimed, tenebrific, darksome, scorch, redden, sarcastic, cheerless, besoil, tint, dry, dago, bleach, besmirched, cracker, light, ethnic, bluish, disconsolate, melancholy, erosive, reprobate, cold, spiteful, angry, dishonourable, minority, coloured, bedraggled, uncleanly, dire, darkish, beige, down in the mouth, hopeless, decaffeinated, stern, mysterious, venomous, blacken, Joseph Black, civvies, stygian, gray, azure, cruddy, low, dreich, Cimmerian, shameful, dispirited, joyless, contraband, evil, paint, respray, melanize, achromatic, baleful, sear, forbidding, colored, clouded, faint, Negro, sullied, begrime, grungy, depressed, malicious, brighten, absent, drinkable, befouled, onyx, lightlessness, funereal, colorful, lugubrious, unforgiving, white, tragic, downcast, black tie, ethnic minority, vicious, filthy, stained, darkening, sully, nation, heartbreaking, darkly, dye, pitiless, drab, fade, accessory, unrighteous, Canuck, hard, livid, caustic, solemn, nigrify, race, defile
black (part of speech: adjective)
darken (part of speech: verb)
make black, shade
colors (part of speech: noun)
dark (part of speech: adjective)
evil (part of speech: adjective)
angry (part of speech: adjective)
bad (part of speech: adjective)
inadvisable, wrong, unfavorable, invalid, unsound, displeasing, arrant, irremediable, faulty, bad, poor, defective, ill-suited, baneful, unsatisfactory, vile, wretched, detrimental, unpleasant, inferior, inadequate
wicked (part of speech: adjective)
evildoing, reprehensible, iniquitous, base, degenerate, misdoing, damnable, improper, depraved, lawbreaking, scandalous, immoral, sinful, sadistic, corrupt, obnoxious, felonious, perverse, blameworthy, wicked, villainous, shocking, wrongdoing, indecent, debased, criminal, debauched, sinister