Definition of blank :
1. A kind of base silver money, first coined in England by Henry V., and worth about 8 pence; also, a French coin of the seventeenth century, worth about 4 pence.
2. A lot by which nothing is gained; a ticket in a lottery on which no prize is indicated.
3. A paper containing the substance of a legal instrument, as a deed, release, writ, or execution, with spaces left to be filled with names, date, descriptions, etc.
4. A paper unwritten; a paper without marks or characters a blank ballot; - especially, a paper on which are to be inserted designated items of information, for which spaces are left vacant; a bland form.
5. A piece of metal prepared to be made into something by a further operation, as a coin, screw, nuts.
6. A piece or division of a piece, without spots; as, the double blank; the six blank.
7. Absolute; downright; unmixed; as, blank terror.
8. Aim; shot; range.
9. Any void space; a void space on paper, or in any written instrument; an interval void of consciousness, action, result, etc; a void.
10. Empty; void; without result; fruitless; as, a blank space; a blank day.
11. Free from writing, printing, or marks; having an empty space to be filled in with some special writing; - said of checks, official documents, etc.; as, blank paper; a blank check; a blank ballot.
12. Lacking animation and intelligence, or their associated characteristics, as expression of face, look, etc.; expressionless; vacant.
13. Lacking characteristics which give variety; as, a blank desert; a blank wall; destitute of interests, affections, hopes, etc.; as, to live a blank existence; destitute of sensations; as, blank unconsciousness.
14. Of a white or pale color; without color.
15. The point aimed at in a target, marked with a white spot; hence, the object to which anything is directed.
16. To blanch; to make blank; to damp the spirits of; to dispirit or confuse.
17. To make void; to annul.
18. Utterly confounded or discomfited.
uninfected, pinhead, infinite, white-hot, dumbbell, dope, noncommittal, waste, immobile, excited, livid, outer space, lily-white, hollow, incommunicative, pale, white, blanched, booby, inexpressive, unobjectionable, asinine, space, boob, empty, glazed, uncommunicative, sportsmanlike, fresh, fair, meaningless, caisson, impassive, expressive, lacuna, blank shell, unfilled, uncontaminating, silent person, full, light, neat, inscrutable, bewildered, unmarked, unadorned, plain, unloaded, sporting, pokerfaced, sporty, used, virgin, expressionless, unclouded, new, distance, vague, blank space, confused, dull, clean-living, leisure, snowy, coffer, barren, unused, quad, untouched, untenanted, bloodless, whitened, stiff, show, place, deadpan, fruitless, muddled, spotless, ashen, clean, unemployed, clear, bare
complete (part of speech: verb)
thoughtless (part of speech: adjective)
zero (part of speech: noun)
forget (part of speech: verb)
- Gordon was met there by blank faces and averted looks, but someone nodded toward Trench's office, and he went inside. - "Police Your Planet", Lester del Rey.
- Wonderful ideas must be moving behind the blank brown of his forehead. - "O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1921", Various.
- Each was absolutely blank! - "Helmet of Navarre", Bertha Runkle.