Definition of blank:
- A kind of base silver money, first coined in England by Henry V., and worth about 8 pence; also, a French coin of the seventeenth century, worth about 4 pence.
- A lot by which nothing is gained; a ticket in a lottery on which no prize is indicated.
- A paper containing the substance of a legal instrument, as a deed, release, writ, or execution, with spaces left to be filled with names, date, descriptions, etc.
- A paper unwritten; a paper without marks or characters a blank ballot; - especially, a paper on which are to be inserted designated items of information, for which spaces are left vacant; a bland form.
- A piece of metal prepared to be made into something by a further operation, as a coin, screw, nuts.
- A piece or division of a piece, without spots; as, the double blank; the six blank.
- Absolute; downright; unmixed; as, blank terror.
- Aim; shot; range.
- Any void space; a void space on paper, or in any written instrument; an interval void of consciousness, action, result, etc; a void.
- Empty; void; without result; fruitless; as, a blank space; a blank day.
- Free from writing, printing, or marks; having an empty space to be filled in with some special writing; - said of checks, official documents, etc.; as, blank paper; a blank check; a blank ballot.
- Lacking animation and intelligence, or their associated characteristics, as expression of face, look, etc.; expressionless; vacant.
- Lacking characteristics which give variety; as, a blank desert; a blank wall; destitute of interests, affections, hopes, etc.; as, to live a blank existence; destitute of sensations; as, blank unconsciousness.
- Of a white or pale color; without color.
- The point aimed at in a target, marked with a white spot; hence, the object to which anything is directed.
- To blanch; to make blank; to damp the spirits of; to dispirit or confuse.
- To make void; to annul.
- Utterly confounded or discomfited.
sporting, glazed, pinhead, infinite, bewildered, incommunicative, plain, booby, neat, virgin, pokerfaced, confused, bloodless, expressive, noncommittal, uncommunicative, lily-white, unloaded, show, blank shell, place, blanched, clean, dope, fair, light, clean-living, unused, outer space, leisure, inscrutable, full, untenanted, barren, lacuna, uncontaminating, vague, dummy, hollow, muddled, unmarked, quad, excited, meaningless, distance, used, stiff, unfilled, space, pale, bare, snowy, empty, white, impassive, coffer, dull, unclouded, uninfected, clear, livid, untouched, unemployed, sportsmanlike, new, spotless, asinine, ashen, caisson, fruitless, silent person, waste, immobile, sporty, dumbbell, expressionless, blank space, unadorned, boob, whitened, deadpan, unobjectionable, white-hot, fresh, inexpressive.
- complete (part of speech: verb)
- thoughtless (part of speech: adjective)
- zero (part of speech: noun)
- forget (part of speech: verb)
- "Police Your Planet", Lester del Rey.
- "O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1921", Various.
- "Helmet of Navarre", Bertha Runkle.