Definition of blazon:
- A shield.
- An heraldic shield; a coat of arms, or a bearing on a coat of arms; armorial bearings.
- Ostentatious display, either by words or other means; publication; show; description; record.
- The art or act of describing or depicting heraldic bearings in the proper language or manner.
- To deck; to embellish; to adorn.
- To depict in colors; to display; to exhibit conspicuously; to publish or make public far and wide.
- To describe in proper terms ( the figures of heraldic devices); also, to delineate ( armorial bearings); to emblazon.
- To shine; to be conspicuous.
fancy up, knowledge, bedeck, declare, reveal, publicize, sound, arms, trim, blare, give out, proclaim, blaze, spread, dress, do, placard, grace, enunciate, noise, implements of war, pretty, trumpet, fancify, bruit, circulate, herald, put out, broadcast, flash, post, festoon, drape, caparison, adorn, spread the word, weaponry, emblazon, enrich, beautify, do up, ornament, array, let it be known that, doll up, advertise, color, deck, garnish, announce, blazonry, emboss, munition, weapons system, propagate, annunciate, release, spread far and wide, disclose, promulgate, embellish, publish, gussy up, glitz, emblaze, disseminate, coat of arms, bedizen, colour.
" It was not for me to blazon it abroad that I had spoken to the king, or to tell them that he asked me if I desired a favour, therefore you would think of me as you would think of any other traveller coming into the town.- "The Coming of the King", James Hocking.
- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- "Flemish Legends", Charles de Coster.