Definition of bless:
- To esteem or account happy; to felicitate.
- To express a wish or prayer for the happiness of; to invoke a blessing upon; - applied to persons.
- To guard; to keep; to protect.
- To invoke or confer beneficial attributes or qualities upon; to invoke or confer a blessing on, - as on food.
- To make happy, blithesome, or joyous; to confer prosperity or happiness upon; to grant divine favor to.
- To make or pronounce holy; to consecrate
- To make the sign of the cross upon; to cross ( one's self).
- To praise, or glorify; to extol for excellences.
- To wave; to brandish.
vow, baptize, hallow, ratify, sanctify, condemn, anathematize, damn, sacrifice, beatify, extol, subscribe, pray for, sign up, purge, signal, canonize, favor, praise, cross, curse, glorify, ordinate, bestow, consecrate, signalize, absolve, give, commit, devote, endow, order, religion, exalt, honor, grant, signalise, sign, purify, enshrine, sign on.
- authorize (part of speech: verb)
- agree (part of speech: verb)
- congratulate (part of speech: verb)
- consecrate (part of speech: verb)
- permit (part of speech: verb)