Definition of blessed :
2. Enjoying happiness or bliss; favored with blessings; happy; highly favored.
3. Enjoying, or pertaining to, spiritual happiness, or heavenly felicity; as, the blessed in heaven.
4. Hallowed; consecrated; worthy of blessing or adoration; heavenly; holy.
5. Imparting happiness or bliss; fraught with happiness; blissful; joyful.
6. of Bless
7. Used euphemistically, ironically, or intensively.
pleased, endued with, cheering, saved, blessed with, satanic, joyous, beatified, holy, spiritual, rejoicing, dexterous, gay, felicitous, rewarded, deuced, accursed, blame, prosperous, lost, darn, translated, demonic, unholy, blithe, delighted, infernal, like, confounded, doomed, joyful, goddamned, diabolic, bloody, blest, execrable, rejoiced, glad, cheerful, exalted, buoyant, happy, goddam, redeemed, goddamn, blamed, darned, fiendish, sacrosanct, blooming, mirthful, everlasting, sprightly, golden, rapturous, diabolical, jolly, ruddy, bright, damn, hellish, blasted, blithesome, curst, cheery, delightful, blissful, sunny, religion, jocund, respect, smiling, unredeemed, endowed, damned, unsaved, cursed, glorious, merry
fortunate (part of speech: adjective)
congratulated (part of speech: verb)
joyful (part of speech: adjective)
permitted (part of speech: verb)
authorized (part of speech: verb)
deputized, enfranchised, authorized, ordained, permitted, entitled, countersigned, enabled, warranted, certified, designated, licensed, validated, confirmed, notarized, denominated, commissioned, authenticated, empowered
consecrated (part of speech: verb)
agreed (part of speech: verb)
assented, contracted, empathized, acquiesced, conformed, welcomed, pledged, affirmed, accepted, cooperated, stipulated, agreed, capitulated, acceded, approved, promised, endorsed, sanctioned, consented, concurred
- And Bess, in some mysterious way, would be better, stronger, and the days would fly by until the blessed spring came. - "In Wild Rose Time", Amanda M. Douglas.
- And blessed be the Lord, that did give you to dislike the ball of pleasure, and that the Lord of that day was so precious. - "A Journal of the Swedish Embassy in the Years 1653 and 1654, Vol II.", Bulstrode Whitelocke.
- How, then, can you make the New Year a blessed one for yourselves? - "Sermons on National Subjects", Charles Kingsley.