Definition of blood:
- A bloodthirsty or murderous disposition.
- A man of fire or spirit; a fiery spark; a gay, showy man; a rake.
- Descent from parents of recognized breed; excellence or purity of breed.
- Descent; lineage; especially, honorable birth; the highest royal lineage.
- Relationship by descent from a common ancestor; consanguinity; kinship.
- Temper of mind; disposition; state of the passions; - as if the blood were the seat of emotions.
- The fleshy nature of man.
- The fluid which circulates in the principal vascular system of animals, carrying nourishment to all parts of the body, and bringing away waste products to be excreted. See under Arterial.
- The juice of anything, especially if red.
- The shedding of blood; the taking of life, murder; manslaughter; destruction.
- To bleed.
- To give ( hounds or soldiers) a first taste or sight of blood, as in hunting or war.
- To heat the blood of; to exasperate.
- To stain, smear or wet, with blood.
kind, subscriber line, squanderer, rent, communication channel, origination, caudex, rip, assembly line, crosscurrent, line of work, beginning, business, origin, melodic phrase, note, affinity, occupation, melody, wrinkle, business line, line of credit, linage, Gore, broth, slant, rakehell, demarcation, melodic line, relationship, nobility, argumentation, cable, root, blue blood, rootage, killing, fund, ancestry, job, crease, birth, over, parentage, simple eye, alliance, strain, seam, anger, snag, farm animal, lineage, tide rip, downslope, stock certificate, bloodshed, seed, bank line, inception, line of business, derivation, bloodline, product line, line of merchandise, production line, line, ocellus, pitch, prodigal, telephone circuit, gillyflower, line of descent, declivity, feud, telephone line, race, dividing line, tear, personal credit line, hatred, fall, line of products, channel, agate line, logical argument, breed, course, blood line, source, argument, extraction, stock, help, declension, billet, genealogy, phone line, decline, rake, descent, roue, transmission line, neckcloth, noblesse, inventory, livestock, murder, stemma, pipeline, short letter, store, precede, homicide, parenthood, declination, air, rancor, pedigree, railway line, split, crinkle, tune, filiation, profligate, line of reasoning, countercurrent, personal line of credit, furrow, rail line, gunstock, contrast, hit, riptide, credit line.
- fop (part of speech: noun)
- relational (part of speech: adjective)
- kinship (part of speech: noun)
- "Friday, the Thirteenth", Thomas W. Lawson.
- "Allan and the Holy Flower", H. Rider Haggard.
- "The Prussian Terror", Alexandre Dumas.