Definition of blossom:
- A blooming period or stage of development; something lovely that gives rich promise.
- The color of a horse that has white hairs intermixed with sorrel and bay hairs; - otherwise called peach color.
- The flower of a plant, or the essential organs of reproduction, with their appendages; florescence; bloom; the flowers of a plant, collectively; as, the blossoms and fruit of a tree; an apple tree in blossom.
- To flourish and prosper.
- To put forth blossoms or flowers; to bloom; to blow; to flower.
hot flash, flower, blossoming, stretch out, rash, charge, blooming, extremum, crown, summit, crest, florescence, skin rash, roseola, extend, gush, thrill, kick, prime, flush, acme, bloom of youth, peak, open, floweret, prime quantity, vizor, spread, point, spread out, better, inflorescence, boot, bang, blossom forth, stretch, blush, top, vertex, rush, flowering, meridian, tiptop, pinnacle, superlative, height, floret, unfold, heyday, eyeshade, prime of life, bill, blossom out, rosiness, visor, outpouring, anthesis, tip, efflorescence, salad days, elevation, bud, apex, bloom.
- "The Missourian", Eugene P. (Eugene Percy) Lyle.
- "The Miller Of Old Church", Ellen Glasgow.
- "Atlantida", Pierre Benoit.