Definition of blower:
- A blowing out or excessive discharge of gas from a hole or fissure in a mine.
- A braggart, or loud talker.
- A device for producing a current of air; as: ( a) A metal plate temporarily placed before the upper part of a grate or open fire. ( b) A machine for producing an artificial blast or current of air by pressure, as for increasing the draft of a furnace, ventilating a building or shaft, cleansing gram, etc.
- A small fish of the Atlantic coast ( Tetrodon turgidus); the puffer.
- One who, or that which, blows.
- The whale; - so called by seamen, from the circumstance of its spouting up a column of water.
electric fan, converter, gascon, blowhard, balance, charger, cetacean mammal, gasconader, carriage, cockalorum, bragger, boiler, braggadocio, cracker, vaunter, convertor, calculator, praise, brag, cetacean, bellows, compressor, agitator.
- "Calvary Alley", Alice Hegan Rice.
- "The Last Shot", Frederick Palmer.
The very blower seemed frightened, and blew in gasps; and the startled Tussie, comparing the sounds to the clamourings of a fiend in pain, could not possibly guess they were merely the musical expression of the state of a just woman's soul.- "The Princess Priscilla's Fortnight", Elizabeth von Arnim.