Definition of blunder:
- A gross error or mistake, resulting from carelessness, stupidity, or culpable ignorance.
- Confusion; disturbance.
- To cause to blunder.
- To do or treat in a blundering manner; to confuse.
- To make a gross error or mistake; as, to blunder in writing or preparing a medical prescription.
- To move in an awkward, clumsy manner; to flounder and stumble.
grope, thrive, blurt, bollocks up, mismanage, boo-boo, bungle, sin, flub, bobble, muck up, boner, move, snafu, bumbler, botch up, trespass, pratfall, fumble, correct, spoil, blooper, foul-up, fumbler, limp, muddle, screw up, help, fudge, mess up, bloomer, louse up, bumble, bodge, ball up, foozle, fuckup, lapse, ejaculate, blunderer, botcher, transgress, blunder out, boggle, botcher, study at error, bollix, bollocks, mishandle, ability, stumble, drop the ball, stumbler, goof, gum up, blow, botch, bull, shuffle, goof up, bungler, boob, sad sack, muff, butcher, stagger, trip up, blurt out, bollix up.
- err (part of speech: verb)
- fail (part of speech: verb)
- error (part of speech: noun)
- "Somehow Good", William de Morgan.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "The Parent's Assistant", Maria Edgeworth.