Definition of blush:
- A red or reddish color; a rosy tint.
- A suffusion of the cheeks or face with red, as from a sense of shame, confusion, or modesty.
- To become suffused with red in the cheeks, as from a sense of shame, modesty, or confusion; to become red from such cause, as the cheeks or face.
- To express or make known by blushing.
- To grow red; to have a red or rosy color.
- To have a warm and delicate color, as some roses and other flowers.
- To suffuse with a blush; to redden; to make roseate.
gander, peak, charge, color, crimson, flush, salad days, efflorescence, flower, glimpse, sluice, turn red, prime, even, turn scarlet, see, even out, peek, express, have heightened color, purge, glow, boot, glance, heyday, gush, level, better, scour, blossom, thrill, have rosy cheeks, mantle, rosiness, redden, rose, rush, ruddiness, bang, outpouring, bloom of youth, hot flash, bloom, peep, blooming, kick.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "Jess", H. Rider Haggard.
- "Gigolo", Edna Ferber.