Definition of board:
- A piece of timber sawed thin, and of considerable length and breadth as compared with the thickness, - used for building, etc.
- A square or oblong piece of thin wood or other material used for some special purpose, as, a molding board; a board or surface painted or arranged for a game; as, a chessboard; a backgammon board.
- A table at which a council or court is held. Hence: A council, convened for business, or any authorized assembly or meeting, public or private; a number of persons appointed or elected to sit in council for the management or direction of some public or private business or trust; as, the Board of Admiralty; a board of trade; a board of directors, trustees, commissioners, etc.
- A table to put food upon.
- Hence: What is served on a table as food; stated meals; provision; entertainment; - usually as furnished for pay; as, to work for one's board; the price of board.
- Paper made thick and stiff like a board, for book covers, etc.; pasteboard; as, to bind a book in boards.
- The border or side of anything.
- The side of a ship.
- The stage in a theater; as, to go upon the boards, to enter upon the theatrical profession.
- The stretch which a ship makes in one tack.
- To approach; to accost; to address; hence, to woo.
- To cover with boards or boarding; as, to board a house.
- To enter, as a railway car.
- To furnish with regular meals, or with meals and lodgings, for compensation; to supply with daily meals.
- To go on board of, or enter, as a ship, whether in a hostile or a friendly way.
- To obtain meals, or meals and lodgings, statedly for compensation; as, he boards at the hotel.
- To place at board, for compensation; as, to board one's horse at a livery stable.
control panel, batting order, lineup, settle, used, visiting card, bed, minibar, get along, placard, lodge, order, plaque, cabal, bill of fare, bitumen, display panel, sodality, no, bunk, plank, order up, bookable, inhabit, brick, hotel, beam, posting, settle down, keep out, slat, mount up, venire, climb on, wag, army, asbestos, organization, come from, society, dining table, bill, carte, carte du jour, room, hop on, the ACT, comprehension, guild, jury, noticeboard, duckboards, take, jump on, fellowship, GED, C of C, bar exam, leadership, mess, on, bestride, banner, boarding, panel, afloat, poster, tabular array, chipboard, calling card, housekeeping, wit, mesa, reside, catch, stick, bed and breakfast, bulletin board, institution, stage, off, instrument panel, protection, arr., hospitality tray, domicile, populate, get on with, caulk, keep, quarter, directorate, eleven-plus, deplane, scorecard, embark, boardroom, berth, display board, lumber, bus, aggregate, notice, room service, wood pulp, room and board, accommodate, strip, aisle seat, harbor, control board, log, brownstone, menu, identity card, gameboard, stave, booking office, victuals, change, put up, the front office, college, billet, brotherhood, mature, come along, consortium, squat, management, the boards, house, gore, book on, circuit board, table, plug-in, adobe, performing arts, booking, corps, come on, arrive, carry, lath, batten, cloze test, class, maturate, advance, bestow, institute, be on, final, mount, clinic, directory, middle management, fraternity, baccalaureate, cement, shape up, transfer, live, get on, dialog box, senesce, add-in, aboard, age, yoke, disembarkation, card, get along with, progress, chamber of commerce, AP, administration, eats, full board, club, circuit card.
- court (part of speech: noun)
- council (part of speech: noun)
- equally (part of speech: adverb)
- meal (part of speech: noun)
- supply (part of speech: verb)