Definition of bodice :
1. A close- fitting outer waist or vest forming the upper part of a woman's dress, or a portion of it.
2. A kind of under waist stiffened with whalebone, etc., worn esp. by women; a corset; stays.
- And they wore full flowered gowns with pointed bodice, rebosos draped about their dark graceful heads. - "A Daughter of the Vine", Gertrude Franklin Horn Atherton.
- The low cut bodice was gathered into the belt like a child's. - "A Daughter of the Vine", Gertrude Franklin Horn Atherton.
- A bodice finer than silk. - "Flemish Legends", Charles de Coster.