Definition of bodily:
- Corporeally; in bodily form; united with a body or matter; in the body.
- Having a body or material form; physical; corporeal; consisting of matter.
- In respect to, or so as to affect, the entire body or mass; entirely; all at once; completely; as, to carry away bodily. Leapt bodily below.
- Of or pertaining to the body or its appetites; animal; fleshly; sensual; given to sensual indulgence; lustful; human or worldly as opposed to spiritual.
- Real; actual; put in execution.
entirely, constitutional, material, bodied, absolutely, somatic, natural, corporal, completely, physical, gross, carnal, mortal, fleshly, embodied, animal, totally, biological, corporate, body, worldly, human, personal, corporeal, sensible, incarnate, visible, organic.
- "Gargoyles", Ben Hecht.
- "Shirley", Charlotte Brontë.
- "The Portland Sketch Book", Various.