Definition of body :
1. A figure that has length, breadth, and thickness; any solid figure.
2. A number of individuals spoken of collectively, usually as united by some common tie, or as organized for some purpose; a collective whole or totality; a corporation; as, a legislative body; a clerical body.
3. A number of things or particulars embodied in a system; a general collection; as, a great body of facts; a body of laws or of divinity.
4. A person; a human being; - frequently in composition; as, anybody, nobody.
5. Amount; quantity; extent.
6. Any mass or portion of matter; any substance distinct from others; as, a metallic body; a moving body; an aeriform body.
7. Consistency; thickness; substance; strength; as, this color has body; wine of a good body.
8. That part of a garment covering the body, as distinguished from the parts covering the limbs.
9. The bed or box of a vehicle, on or in which the load is placed; as, a wagon body; a cart body.
10. The central, longitudinal framework of a flying machine, to which are attached the planes or aerocurves, passenger accommodations, controlling and propelling apparatus, fuel tanks, etc.
11. The material organized substance of an animal, whether living or dead, as distinguished from the spirit, or vital principle; the physical person.
12. The real, as opposed to the symbolical; the substance, as opposed to the shadow.
13. The shank of a type, or the depth of the shank ( by which the size is indicated); as, a nonpareil face on an agate body.
14. The trunk, or main part, of a person or animal, as distinguished from the limbs and head; the main, central, or principal part, as of a tree, army, country, etc.
15. To furnish with, or as with, a body; to produce in definite shape; to embody.
physique, tree trunk, bedhead, balcony, batch, clump, brunt, individual, life, soul, bird, collect, passel, anatomical, side, cluster, klatch, flank, manifest, close-cropped, grouping, get-together, incarnate, battery, bay, box, flash mobbing, clinic, treatise, catacombs, boodle, heart, automobile trunk, earn a living, belly, armour, survive, budget, personate, anatomy, texture, body count, organization, bad hair day, endure, make, bristly, quantum, fish, savor, bonnet, variety, argument, constellation, bra, quantity, organic structure, homo, fold, brassiere, amount, coven, addendum, crop, be, head, book, binding, consistency, form, devil, lot, personalize, parcel, boxers, luggage compartment, personage, proboscis, alcove, camisole, arm, huddle, exteriorize, guy, bald, substructure, bed, muster, chassis, balding, human, wight, essence, staple, galère, clutch, convocation, brickwork, slob, array, exposition, duck, flash mob, bustier, sweetness, knot, heft, preface, BVDs, tang, foundation, taste, specimen, soundbox, richness, personify, ceiling, bite, bodywork, aggregate, aftertaste, axle, abdomen, whole, ashes, discourse, police, cornerstone, block, chest, bumper, groundwork, face, clay, community, evidence, bulk, mass, boot, thickness, generality, the deceased, support group, eubstance, beading, core, substitute, blowhole, bale, briefs, mortal, agglomeration, system, the departed, sort, introduction, consistence, back, embody, association, big, consort, bloomers, human being, person, gist, addition, thesis, customer, substantiate, hull, density, coiffed, bouffant, frame, carapace, girth, acknowledgments, bod, bushy, bole, conclave, figure, antler, appendix, dead body, bony, scout, skeleton, theory, arsenal, front, character, artwork, corpus, blurb, cookie, torso, bundle, chief, armor, weight, creature, gathering, capsule, egg, commission, dissertation, main, network, scaffold, build, flavor, class, externalize, body suit, afterword, shape, being, guts, objectify, consortium, bull bar, physical structure, baby, the dead, dust, basis, trunk, materialize, belly button, man, demonstration, bank, fullness
corpse (part of speech: noun)
collection (part of speech: noun)
council (part of speech: noun)
crew (part of speech: noun)
covey, herd, force, detail, division, troop, posse, fellowship, circle, retinue, litter, flock, fleet, cabal, colony, wing, band, coterie, battalion, detachment, fraternity, group, sect, team, cell, society, crowd, union, collection, assemblage, outfit, party, pack, junta, coalition, school, clan, regiment, nest, platoon, hive, phalanx, army, set, string, complement, gang, tribe, crew, league, faction, brigade, ring, staff, host, caucus, aggregation, bunch, drove, mob, bevy, troupe, cadre, club, clique, assembly, squad, company
substance (part of speech: noun)
- With a quick turn of the body she tried to escape. - "Brand Blotters", William MacLeod Raine.
- Excuse me, madam, but I thought it better to put my body behind my hand. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- And what child would give his body? - "Twenty-two Goblins", Unknown.