Definition of boisterous :
1. Exhibiting tumultuous violence and fury; acting with noisy turbulence; violent; rough; stormy.
2. Noisy; rough; turbulent; as, boisterous mirth; boisterous behavior.
3. Rough or rude; unbending; unyielding; strong; powerful.
4. Vehement; excessive.
unruly, pugnacious, cutthroat, fierce, unsmooth, vehement, tearing, disobedient, grating, obstreperous, uncontrollable, rumbustious, rasping, ferocious, spirited, rude, furious, sounds, study at vociferous, rambunctious, raspy, knockabout, crude, loudmouthed, harsh, gravelly, jolty, stormy, trigger-happy, bumpy, uncut, robustious, rough, disorderly, violent, rocky, scratchy, savage, approximate, jumpy, approximative, indocile, ungovernable, rowdy, bowelless, jolting
loud (part of speech: adjective)
- The presiding justice had read only a small portion of the opinion of the court when he was interrupted by the boisterous and violent proceedings described. - "Personal Reminiscences of Early Days in California with Other Sketches; To Which Is Added the Story of His Attempted Assassination by a Former Associate on the Supreme Bench of the State", Stephen Field; George C. Gorham.
- Their voices were loud and their laughter boisterous as I approached. - "Cord and Creese", James de Mille.
- The maids, huddled together like a bunch of red apples, were set shaking with laughter at this warning- as if by a boisterous wind. - "The Passionate Elopement", Compton Mackenzie.