Definition of bone:
- Anything made of bone, as a bobbin for weaving bone lace.
- Fig.: The framework of anything.
- One of the pieces or parts of an animal skeleton; as, a rib or a thigh bone; a bone of the arm or leg; also, any fragment of bony substance. ( pl.) The frame or skeleton of the body.
- The hard, calcified tissue of the skeleton of vertebrate animals, consisting very largely of calcic carbonate, calcic phosphate, and gelatine; as, blood and bone.
- To fertilize with bone.
- To put whalebone into; as, to bone stays.
- To sight along an object or set of objects, to see if it or they be level or in line, as in carpentry, masonry, and surveying.
- To steal; to take possession of.
- To withdraw bones from the flesh of, as in cookery.
- Two or four pieces of bone held between the fingers and struck together to make a kind of music.
- Whalebone; hence, a piece of whalebone or of steel for a corset.
tog out, phalanges, uncommonly, full, metatarsal, wildly, seriously, blend, carve, butchery, cracking, archly, stand up, particularly, extremely, rise, dress up, vitally, jolly, heavily, prink, fiercely, especially, supremely, hugely, beat, ribcage, fig up, drop, thumping, tibia or shinbone, roaring, roaringly, fancy up, jam, super, clavicle or collarbone, trick out, fibula, acrylic, butter, chill, gussy up, overdress, awfully, unco, ischium, organise, most, sphenoid, way, off-white, deadly, ulna, spanking, attire, badly, whacking, deck up, carpal, osseous tissue, bring up, butcher, bone cartilage, intensely, rig out, ever, cheekbone, thrum, uprise, oculus sinister, blanch, prepare, ball-and-socket joint, mightily, pearl, patella or kneecap, raise, rattling, trick up, bony, lift, spinal column or vertebral column or vertebrae or backbone, femur or thighbone, sore, ethmoid, get up, ram, arise, grind away, radius, desperately, organize, majorly, os, incus or anvil, that, far, swot up, corking, malleus or hammer, coccyx, vastly, right, stinking, immensely, ankle, stapes or stirrup, work up, work, frontal, beastly, tog up, specially, chock up, parietal, collarbone, eminently, mandible or jawbone, mighty, extra, glass, bone marrow, real, elevate, maxilla, blisteringly, osmium, swot, atlas, boney, surpassingly, coccyx, too, humerus, wicked, pubis, drum, debone, clavicle, occipital, tusk, operating system, devise, greatly, passing, colossally, jampack, ivory, sternum or breastbone, talus, tarsal, almighty, glazed, elastic, damned, machinate, bake, severely, monstrous, breastbone, highly, incredibly, exceedingly, zygomatic or cheekbone, frightfully, atomic number 76, damn, mortally, bead, awful, really, scapula or shoulder blade, enormously, acrylic, backbone, such, vomer or nasal bones, temporal, cram, dang, pelvis, fantastically, much, bone up, burn the midnight oil, fabulously, turn out, horny, achingly, filthy, mug up, osseous matter, bony process, metacarpal, concrete, earthen, fig out, ilium or hipbone, sorely, so, deck out, cardboard, wad, grind, terribly, axis, alabaster.