Definition of bordered :
1. having a border especially of a specified kind; sometimes used as a combining term; " black- bordered handkerchief"
2. having a common boundary or edge; touching; " abutting lots"; " adjoining rooms"; " Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; " the side of Germany conterminous with France"; " Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; " neighboring cities"
contacted (part of speech: verb)
limited (part of speech: verb)
outlined (part of speech: adjective)
edged (part of speech: verb)
- The snug harbor is bordered by tropical vegetation to the very water's edge, including an endless number of palms. - "The Pearl of India", Maturin M. Ballou.
- Sorrento bars are used to connect the braids and to form foundations for the spiders or rosettes here and there inserted, and the lace is delicately bordered with a dainty picot- braid. - "The Art of Modern Lace Making", The Butterick Publishing Co..
- Dark brown, bordered with two rows of yellow spots; and there were seven blue spots on each of the hind wings. - "New National Fourth Reader", Charles J. Barnes and J. Marshall Hawkes.