Definition of bothersome :
1. causing irritation or annoyance; " tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"; " aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"; " found it galling to have to ask permission"; " an irritating delay"; " nettlesome paperwork"; " a pesky mosquito"; " swarms of pestering gnats"; " a plaguey newfangled safety catch"; " a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"; " a vexatious child"; " it is vexing to have to admit you are wrong"
2. Vexatious; causing bother; causing trouble or perplexity; troublesome.
peeving, cranky, mocking, peevish, nettling, plaguy, pesky, corruptive, pathetic, plaguey, peckish, pain, vexatious, galling, pettish, dirty, scratchy, obscene, provoking, abrasive, frustrating, petulant, perversive, tetchy, techy, pestilent, pesty, fractious, rebarbative, irritative, irritable, quizzical, pestiferous, nettlesome, riling, carking, pestilential, testy, maddening
aggravating (part of speech: adjective)
disagreeable (part of speech: adjective)
painful (part of speech: adjective)
distressful, uncomfortable, anguishing, hurtful, acute, besetting, burdensome, inflaming, wrenching, smarting, grievous, odious, irksome, oppressive, offensive, cruel, bitter, gnawing, aggravating, tormenting, torturing, troublesome, withering, biting, severe, crushing, annoying, aching, woeful, piercing, grueling, irritating, unbearable, trying, sore, painful, horrendous, arduous, miserable, throbbing, stabbing, cutting, chafing, agonizing, cramping, stinging, unpleasant, disagreeable, excruciating, harrowing, insufferable
difficult (part of speech: adjective)
fussy, rough, demanding, uphill, finicky, knotty, complex, strenuous, cumbersome, wearying, adverse, harsh, complicated, contrary, wearing, tight, grinding, wearisome, onerous, thorny, hard, ticklish, laborious, cantankerous, formidable, difficult, toilsome, tough, stressful, rugged, tricky
- The man scratched his head, contemplating William as he might some illegible sign- post set up at an unusually bothersome cross- road. - "The Delectable Duchy", Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch.
- Again the bothersome limitations of personality asserted themselves; and one perceived immediately that criticism, meaning by that the consistent application of any comprehensive canon of dramatic art, was out of the question. - "Famous Prima Donnas", Lewis Clinton Strang.
- Ivan Mikhailovitch is working very hard; and rehearsals are bothersome things. - "The Genius", Margaret Horton Potter.