Definition of bounce:
- A dogfish of Europe ( Scyllium catulus).
- A heavy, sudden, and often noisy, blow or thump.
- A sudden leap or bound; a rebound.
- An explosion, or the noise of one.
- Bluster; brag; untruthful boasting; audacious exaggeration; an impudent lie; a bouncer.
- To boast; to talk big; to bluster.
- To bully; to scold.
- To cause to bound or rebound; sometimes, to toss.
- To drive against anything suddenly and violently; to bump; to thump.
- To eject violently, as from a room; to discharge unceremoniously, as from employment.
- To leap or spring suddenly or unceremoniously; to bound; as, she bounced into the room.
- To strike or thump, so as to rebound, or to make a sudden noise; a knock loudly.
- With a sudden leap; suddenly.
take shape, dynamism, shake, speed, squinch, throw out, hardihood, ill health, reflect, vitality, cringe, vault, cross-post, sway, health, funk, flutter, bump, release, zip, confine, skyrocket, vim, bob, energy, wobble, buck, natural spring, give, cashier, retract, skip, wave, dancing, gusto, condition, cheque, chuck, vibration, flinch, border, esprit, jounce, bounds, snap back, throttle, address, rocket, toing and froing, fire, vibrate, constitution, snap, well-being, depreciation, kick out, can, outpace, start, limit, terminate, rebound, be quick on your feet, resound, outflow, dismiss, terpsichore, fly, bolt, ASCII art, verve, charge, copy in, carom, sap, resile, leaping, ginger, gas, reverberate, keep, blind copy, boot, attach, forswear, cool off, springtime, pep, wiggle, go, rock, fitness, come down, vinegar, surge, swing, quiver, check stub, roll, boundary, race, gallop, check card, expel, blank check, juice, oscillation, sack, drop, ax, eject, check, brio, bouncing, mental health, outpouring, rally, tumble, starch, take a hop, kick back, checkbook, springiness, chequebook, restrict, cashier's check, state, ring, approach, echo, dash, wince, oust, oomph, oscillate, pink-slip, cash, zing, form, beans, move, abjure, moxie, bound, evict, attachment, discharge, shape, ricochet, saltation, recoil, bounciness, digital signature, dart, kick, spring, shrink, trammel, hasten, get-up-and-go, drive, quail, life, recant, dance, dot, edge, wellness, hop, punch, take form, restrain, fountain, leap, jump.
- "Eight Keys to Eden", Mark Irvin Clifton.
- "Caught in a Trap", John C. Hutcheson.
- "The Million-Dollar Suitcase", Alice MacGowan Perry Newberry.