Definition of bower:
- A muscle that bends a limb, esp. the arm.
- A rustic cottage or abode; poetically, an attractive abode or retreat.
- A shelter or covered place in a garden, made with boughs of trees or vines, etc., twined together; an arbor; a shady recess.
- A young hawk, when it begins to leave the nest.
- An anchor carried at the bow of a ship.
- Anciently, a chamber; a lodging room; esp., a lady's private apartment.
- One of the two highest cards in the pack commonly used in the game of euchre.
- One who bows or bends.
- To embower; to inclose.
- To lodge.
grotto, arbor, spindle, nook, leafy den, summerhouse, gazebo, alcove, shelter, mandrel, shady lair, recess, retreat, mandril, pergola, arbour, shady retreat, embower, refuge, garden, forest, thicket, grove.
- "The Princess of the School", Angela Brazil.
- "The Other Girls", Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney.
- "The Birthright", Joseph Hocking.