Definition of bowing :
1. In hatmaking, the act or process of separating and distributing the fur or hair by means of a bow, to prepare it for felting.
2. The act or art of managing the bow in playing on stringed instruments.
curtain call, arched, arciform, arc, arcuate, descending, bowleg, obedience, bowknot, bowlegged, inclining, declining, fore, drooping, pendulous, bandy, obeisance, hung, bowed, prow, descendant, bow, droopy, weeping, bandy-legged, stooping, declined, arced, submissive, stem
bending (part of speech: verb)
curving (part of speech: verb)
greeting (part of speech: verb)
hailing, noticing, acknowledging, signaling, smiling, receiving, greeting, nodding, waving, approaching, hugging, saluting, vociferating, embracing, shaking hands with, welcoming, curtsying, accosting, kissing
complying (part of speech: verb)
ceding, genuflecting, submitting, obeying, surrendering, caving, assenting, deferring, respecting, accepting, succumbing, concurring, fulfilling, complying, adhering, knuckling under, bending, observing, consenting, capitulating, conforming, yielding, agreeing, acquiescing, kowtowing
- " Thank you, sir," replied the man, bowing politely. - "Dot and Tot of Merryland", L. Frank Baum.
- " Yes," said Paul, bowing stiffly, for the man was evidently a gentleman. - "Paul Patoff", F. Marion Crawford.
- He could not trust himself to read that message before Lodge, and, bowing, he left the room. - "The U.P. Trail", Zane Grey.