Definition of boxer :
1. A member of a powerful Chinese organization which committed numerous outrages on Europeans and Christian converts in the uprising against foreigners in 1900. Various names, as " League of United Patriots" and " Great Knife [ or Sword] Society," have been given as the Chinese name of the organization; why the members were called Boxers is uncertain.
2. One who boxes; a pugilist.
3. One who packs boxes.
dog (part of speech: noun)
Doberman pinscher, boarhound, English setter, terrier, German shepherd, beagle, pointer, poodle, bull terrier, Afghan, setter, wolfhound, whippet, Great Dane, Pekinese, Aberdeen terrier, Irish wolfhound, Chihuahua, dingo, hound, husky, griffon, Yorkshire terrier, bloodhound, mastiff, cocker spaniel, greyhound, Pomeranian, dachshund, French poodle, golden retriever, retriever, Irish setter, foxhound, Dalmatian, St. Bernard, bulldog, Labrador retriever, pug, toy poodle, collie, basset hound, Scotch terrier, Welsh terrier, Airedale, schnauzer, Siberian wolfhound, spitz, Borzoi, chow, sheep dog, Samoyed, dog, spaniel, Cairn terrier
- Mrs. Boxer had never got over her first grudge to Fanny. - "Night and Morning, Volume 3", Edward Bulwer Lytton.
- He was a lad who did not care for fighting, but notwithstanding was a trained boxer. - "The Girl Aviators' Motor Butterfly", Margaret Burnham.
- Whereupon he informed me he was a lightweight champion boxer, and if I did not there would be bloodshed, and he came towards me. - "From Crow-Scaring to Westminster; an Autobiography", George Edwards M.P., O.B.E..