Definition of bracing :
1. Any system of braces; braces, collectively; as, the bracing of a truss.
2. Imparting strength or tone; strengthening; invigorating; as, a bracing north wind.
3. of Brace
4. The act of strengthening, supporting, or propping, with a brace or braces; the state of being braced.
rattling, new, alert, saucy, smart, orthodontic braces, lively, span, refreshful, unfermented, refreshed, snappy, couplet, braces, help, intoxicating, reinvigorating, merry, spanking, unused, overbold, yoke, duo, fresh, suspender, restorative, pair, brace, invigorated, impertinent, duad, brisk, twosome, roborant, clean, refreshing, gallus, couple, bitstock, zippy, dyad, energising, renewing, innerving, reinvigorated, sassy, exhilarant, impudent, duet, distich, accented, tonal, sweet, novel, tonic, twain, wise
invigorating (part of speech: verb)
strengthening (part of speech: verb)
- To her he seemed bracing himself against a fresh assault of heavy forces. - "The Tempering", Charles Neville Buck.
- Each time there was a sound he glanced up, bracing himself for the approach of light feet, beaming face, and an ardent embrace. - "Jewel A Chapter In Her Life", Clara Louise Burnham.
- The mouth itself was compressed and grim, and the man's whole expression was fierce and startling as the expression of a criminal bracing himself to endure inevitable detection. - "The Garden Of Allah", Robert Hichens.