Definition of branch:
- A line of family descent, in distinction from some other line or lines from the same stock; any descendant in such a line; as, the English branch of a family.
- A shoot or secondary stem growing from the main stem, or from a principal limb or bough of a tree or other plant.
- A warrant or commission given to a pilot, authorizing him to pilot vessels in certain waters.
- Any division extending like a branch; any arm or part connected with the main body of thing; ramification; as, the branch of an antler; the branch of a chandelier; a branch of a river; a branch of a railway.
- Any member or part of a body or system; a distinct article; a section or subdivision; a department.
- Diverging from, or tributary to, a main stock, line, way, theme, etc.; as, a branch vein; a branch road or line; a branch topic; a branch store.
- One of the portions of a curve that extends outwards to an indefinitely great distance; as, the branches of an hyperbola.
- To adorn with needlework representing branches, flowers, or twigs.
- To divide as into branches; to make subordinate division in.
- To divide into separate parts or subdivision.
- To shoot or spread in branches; to separate into branches; to ramify.
class, dry, discriminate, showtime, forking, distinguish, split up, dissever, outgrowth, subdivision, runner, kickoff, furcate, leg, chapter, kill, break, first, severalise, carve up, specialty, classify, secernate, scion, bough, diverge, limb, outset, pitchfork, start, bureau, beginning, setoff, peg, offset printing, separate, sleeve, get-go, twig, member, run, growth, department, fork, come apart, category, ramification, starting time, process, single out, tell apart, counterbalance, subsection, branching, appendage, tree branch, sort out, secern, fall apart, emergence, subdivide, discipline, organ, tell, sucker, complication, weapon system, disunite, classification, pegleg, weapon, bud, sort, offshoot, assort, arm, section, subsidiary, derivative, offset, office, differentiate, wooden leg, commencement, dependency, set-back, outpost, complexify, creek, brook, break up, severalize, stolon, ramify, tributary, wing, affiliate, agency, stage, sprig.
- bisection (part of speech: noun)
- junction (part of speech: noun)
- halve (part of speech: verb)
- "The Secrets of the German War Office", Dr. Armgaard Karl Graves.
- "Atlantida", Pierre Benoit.
- "The Northern Light", E. Werner.