Definition of breathing:
- A mark to indicate aspiration or its absence. See Rough breathing, Smooth breathing, below.
- Air in gentle motion.
- Also, in a wider sense, the sound caused by the friction of the outgoing breath in the throat, mouth, etc., when the glottis is wide open; aspiration; the sound expressed by the letter h.
- Any gentle influence or operation; inspiration; as, the breathings of the Spirit.
- Aspiration; secret prayer.
- Exercising; promotion of respiration.
- of Breathe
- place; vent.
- Respiration; the act of inhaling and exhaling air.
- Stop; pause; delay.
- Utterance; communication or publicity by words.
ventilating system, respiratory, animate, external respiration, airing, cellular respiration, internal respiration, huffing, wheezing, bad breath, breathed, snoring, puffing, ventilation, snorting, living, existing, vivacious, alert, bronchus, gasping, inspiring, sighing, existent, asphyxia, public discussion, animated, active, sniffing, artificial respiration, eupneic, puffy, panting, palpitant, blow, airway, exhaling, brisk, respiration, bronchiole, breath, quick, live, alive, lively, bronchial tube, sensitive, subsisting, ventilation system, eupnoeic, inhaling.
- "New National Fourth Reader", Charles J. Barnes and J. Marshall Hawkes.
- "Penny Nichols Finds a Clue", Joan Clark.
- "The Camp Fire Girls Across the Seas", Margaret Vandercook.