Definition of breathless:
inanimate, blown, dyspnoeic, out of breath, exciting, wheezing, spent, asphyxiating, breath, used up, gasping, breezeless, windless, puffing, smothering, breathtaking, broken-winded, airless, still, non-living, dead, suffocating, panting, exhausted, emphysematous, pulseless, short-winded, choking, winded, dyspneic, dyspneal, suffocative, tired, short of breath, asthmatic, nonliving, pursy, enthusiastic, dyspnoeal.
- excited (part of speech: adjective)
- hasty (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Salamander", Owen Johnson.
- "The Lightning Conductor Discovers America", C. N. (Charles Norris) Williamson and A. M. (Alice Muriel) Williamson.
- "Memoirs of an American Prima Donna", Clara Louise Kellogg.