Definition of breathless:
inanimate, wheezing, non-living, emphysematous, enthusiastic, dyspneal, windless, exhausted, panting, exciting, blown, windless, winded, suffocating, dyspnoeal, nonliving, pulseless, out of breath, gasping, asphyxiating, broken-winded, breathtaking, choking, asthmatic, breath, short-winded, dead, puffing, dyspneic, breezeless, tired, used up, still, short of breath, suffocative, dyspnoeic, pursy, spent, airless, smothering.
- excited (part of speech: adjective)
- hasty (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Salamander", Owen Johnson.
- "The Lightning Conductor Discovers America", C. N. (Charles Norris) Williamson and A. M. (Alice Muriel) Williamson.
- "Memoirs of an American Prima Donna", Clara Louise Kellogg.