Definition of breech:
- The external angle of knee timber, the inside of which is called the throat.
- The hinder part of anything; esp., the part of a cannon, or other firearm, behind the chamber.
- The lower part of the body behind; the buttocks.
- To cover as with breeches.
- To fasten with breeching.
- To fit or furnish with a breech; as, to breech a gun.
- To put into, or clothe with, breeches.
- To whip on the breech.
- "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- "Lyrics from the Song-Books of the Elizabethan Age", Various.
- "The Jester of St. Timothy's", Arthur Stanwood Pier.