Definition of bribe:
- A gift begged; a present.
- A price, reward, gift, or favor bestowed or promised with a view to prevent the judgment or corrupt the conduct of a judge, witness, voter, or other person in a position of trust.
- That which seduces; seduction; allurement.
- To commit robbery or theft.
- To gain by a bribe; of induce as by a bribe.
- To give a bribe to a person; to pervert the judgment or corrupt the action of a person in a position of trust, by some gift or promise.
- To give or promise a reward or consideration to ( a judge, juror, legislator, voter, or other person in a position of trust) with a view to prevent the judgment or corrupt the conduct; to induce or influence by a bribe; to give a bribe to.
- To rob or steal.
proceeds, issue, benefaction, boon, deprave, cloud, graft, tip, kickback, misdirect, grease one's palms, debase, protection, bounty, boodle, fee, fix, corrupt money, sully, crimes, payola, return, reward, corrupt, purchase, take, tribute, remuneration, subvert, gratuity, demoralize, boodle, debauch, buy, perquisite, bait, demoralise, spoil, yield, takings, money, grant, hush money, bequest, lure, donation, lagniappe, plugola, largess, present, payoff, vitiate, price, wages, payola, final payment, blackmail, gift, persuasion, sop, inducement, pervert, profane, defile, taint.
- "Primitive Love and Love-Stories", Henry Theophilus Finck.
- "Face to Face with Kaiserism", James W. Gerard.
- "Lord John in New York", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.