Definition of brine:
- Tears; - so called from their saltness.
- The ocean; the water of an ocean, sea, or salt lake.
- To sprinkle with salt or brine; as, to brine hay.
- To steep or saturate in brine.
- Water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; pickle; hence, any strong saline solution; also, the saline residue or strong mother liquor resulting from the evaporation of natural or artificial waters.
brackish water, pickling solution, seawater, saltwater, saline solution, sea water, saturated solution of salt.
- "Isle of the Undead", Lloyd Arthur Eshbach.
- "Vane of the Timberlands", Harold Bindloss.