Definition of brink:
- edge (part of speech: noun)
- ocean (part of speech: noun)
- limit (part of speech: noun)
- "The Song of Songs", Hermann Sudermann.
- "Nan of Music Mountain", Frank H. Spearman.
I moved a little, intending to cross the floor softly, that when he opened the door he might find me face to face with him; but she detected the movement, and, love giving her strength, she clung to my wrist so fiercely that I had not the heart, knowing how slender was her hold on life and how near the brink she stood, to break from her.- "Historical Romances: Under the Red Robe, Count Hannibal, A Gentleman of France", Stanley J. Weyman.