Definition of browse:
- The tender branches or twigs of trees and shrubs, fit for the food of cattle and other animals; green food.
- To eat or nibble off, as the tender branches of trees, shrubs, etc.; - said of cattle, sheep, deer, and some other animals.
- To feed on the tender branches or shoots of shrubs or trees, as do cattle, sheep, and deer.
- To feed on, as pasture; to pasture on; to graze.
- To pasture; to feed; to nibble.
roll, leaf through, ramble, lop, swan, browsing, investigate, crease, prune, examine cursorily, thumb through, tell on, channel-surf, go through in a desultory manner, read here and there, pasture, patronize, range, window-shop, trim, rank, buy at, vagabond, frequent, grade, patronise, cut back, check over, rake, order, pass the eye over, shop around, stag, scan, crop, shit, run through, wander, lay out, tramp, skim, rat, glance over, peruse, drift, dip into, run over, snip, graze, flip through, surf, roam, work, shop, look through, dress, glance at, set out, snitch, denounce, place, words, shop at, rove, dip into, run through, betray, array, cultivate, inspect loosely, rate, straddle, look over, run, give away, go through carelessly, cast, scan, clip, surfboard, flip through, sponsor, stray, grass, survey.
For as you browse your way through the forest, nipping here and there a rosy leaf of young winter- green, a fragrant emerald tip of balsam- fir, a twig of spicy birch, if by chance you pluck the leaves of Wood- Magic and eat them, you will not know what you have done, but the enchantment of the tree- land will enter your heart and the charm of the wildwood will flow through your veins.- "The Blue Flower, and Others", Henry van Dyke.
- "Marguerite de Valois", Alexandre Dumas.
I was so proud and happy the day my mother surprised me with half the price of a membership, and happier yet when I had the right to enter there and browse right and left, up and down, nibbling here, feeding long and contentedly there.- "Life on the Stage", Clara Morris.