Definition of buffoon:
- humorist (part of speech: noun)
- laughingstock (part of speech: noun)
- ignoramus (part of speech: noun)
- "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
He saved a young man of the tribe from drowning; but though he thus earned the friendship of the family, the rest of the villagers hated and dreaded him all the more, since he had not been able to help proving himself a man of courage, instead of the feeble buffoon he had tried to appear.- "A Book of Golden Deeds", Charlotte M. Yonge.
- "Doctor Cupid", Rhoda Broughton.