Definition of bull:
- A constellation of the zodiac between Aries and Gemini. It contains the Pleiades.
- A grotesque blunder in language; an apparent congruity, but real incongruity, of ideas, contained in a form of expression.
- A letter, edict, or respect, of the pope, written in Gothic characters on rough parchment, sealed with a bulla, and dated a die Incarnationis, i. e., from the day of the Incarnation. See Apostolical brief, under Brief.
- Of or pertaining to a bull; resembling a bull; male; large; fierce.
- One who operates in expectation of a rise in the price of stocks, or in order to effect such a rise. See 4th Bear, n., 5.
- One who, or that which, resembles a bull in character or action.
- Taurus, the second of the twelve signs of the zodiac.
- The center of a target.
- The male of any species of cattle ( Bovidae); hence, the male of any large quadruped, as the elephant; also, the male of the whale.
- To be in heat; to manifest sexual desire as cows do.
- To endeavor to raise the market price of; as, to bull railroad bonds; to bull stocks; to bull Lake Shore; to endeavor to raise prices in; as, to bull the market. See 1st Bull, n., 4.
slovenly person, patrolwoman, blur, red cent, talk through one's hat, hoot, darn, cocksucker, home run, strapper, pig, officer, peace officer, damn, buyer, balderdash, atomic number 29, slob, garbage, cook, police, knowledge, fudge, drivel, bunkum, bull's eye, poppycock, dump, squat, forge, turd, tommyrot, blather, seller, dogshit, tomentum, fake, counterfeit, finest, businessperson, cop, idiocy, steer, beast, police officer, sloven, bell ringer, heat, shucks, bruiser, malarkey, bilge, nonsense, peeler, sire, brute, son of a bitch, rigmarole, animal, hog, ox, law, hair, whoreson, financier, claptrap, diddley, doodly-squat, copper, manipulate, squealer, constable, man, flatfoot, horseshit, shit, diddly-squat, bluecoat, policewoman, diddly-shit, cow, diddly, dirt, male, papal bull, policeman, patrolman, bobby, trash, bull through, pig bed, prick, dickhead, hooey, speculator, baloney, twaddle, grunter, poop, jack, crap, diddlyshit, bullshit, gendarme, bastard, copper color, mark, asshole, fuzz, diddlysquat, applesauce, misrepresent, tomfoolery, calf, tinker's damn, shite, falsify, rubbish, tinker's dam, bunk, piffle, wangle.
- "Nan of Music Mountain", Frank H. Spearman.
- "The Flockmaster of Poison Creek", George W. Ogden.
- "Unexplored!", Allen Chaffee.