Definition of bully:
- A brisk, dashing fellow.
- A noisy, blustering fellow, more insolent than courageous; one who is threatening and quarrelsome; an insolent, tyrannical fellow.
- Alt. of beef
- Fine; excellent; as, a bully horse.
- Jovial and blustering; dashing.
- To act as a bully.
- To intimidate with threats and by an overbearing, swaggering demeanor; to act the part of a bully toward.
first-class, swash, prizewinning, ruffle, bonny, push around, immense, swagger, first-string, top-notch, fine, banner, down, intimidator, alarm, boffo, bang-up, number one, beast, par excellence, startle, sensational, boss around, top-flight, five-star, great, yobbo, neat, fantabulous, blue-ribbon, top-shelf, stellar, prance, browbeat, bluster, despot, choice, groovy, wonderful, crackerjack, terrify, roughneck, out-of-sight, pester, sashay, awesome, slick, marvelous, numero uno, cock, A-OK, mean, prize, fab, superior, slap-up, top-of-the-line, yob, not bad, superlative, supernal, sterling, frontline, panic, dynamite, A1, righteous, cool, jim-dandy, rascal, superb, fabulous, heavenly, shake up, ruffian, boss, hood, brave, gilt-edged, rowdy, phat, lovely, gone, good, wizard, strong-armer, psycho, yobo, divine, force, hooligan, toughie, dandy, browbeater, prime, blue-chip, beautiful, peachy keen, punk, classic, strong-arm, tough, bulldozer, ballyrag, savage, radical, noble, top, high-class, bumper, brag, cracking, sadist, bullyrag, quality, hot, peachy, goon, keen, first-rate, street fighter, animal, chill, strut, primo, badger, nifty, splendid, unsurpassed, fantastic, tittup, grand, swell, hype, tip-top, dope, gangbusters, Genghis Khan, famous, smashing, capital, terrific, hector, frighten/scare the wits out of someone, drag into, over, corking, four-star, topping.
- combatant (part of speech: noun)
- evildoer (part of speech: noun)
- threaten (part of speech: verb)
- compel (part of speech: verb)