Definition of bump :
1. A swelling or prominence, resulting from a bump or blow; a protuberance.
2. A thump; a heavy blow.
3. One of the protuberances on the cranium which are associated with distinct faculties or affections of the mind; as, the bump of veneration; the bump of acquisitiveness.
4. The act of striking the stern of the boat in advance with the prow of the boat following.
5. The noise made by the bittern.
6. To come in violent contact with something; to thump.
7. To make a loud, heavy, or hollow noise, as the bittern; to boom.
8. To strike, as with or against anything large or solid; to thump; as, to bump the head against a wall.
infract, reversal, ascertain, soften, eject, excrescence, part, dampen, shift, break off, split up, discontinue, relegate, bash, determine, reveal, hit, break in, conflict, violate, get, gamble, bust, see, jab, swelling, transgress, extrusion, ruin, bring out, clout, give away, sock, stop, give out, cuff, recover, box, offend, go against, kick downstairs, bankrupt, take chances, expulsion, knob, reposition, materialise, jounce, bar, kick out, detect, dislodge, projection, gibbousness, setback, die, intumescence, develop, give way, puff, breach, slug, snap off, break up, find, blow, come up, fall in, observe, expose, hap, play, wear out, let on, lump, damp, check, strike hard, stroke, fall apart, bulge, clump, find out, collapse, befall, run across, criticize, rise, puffiness, discover, degrade, reverse, evict, protrusion, submit, split, better, collide, get out, belt, separate, boost, downgrade, obtain, banish, weaken, impact, rule, snow, fail, shock, meet up with, expel, witness, erupt, unwrap, demote, bechance, collision, bounce, feel, tumble on, protuberance, chance, interrupt, intermit, pat, break, wallop, founder, classify, hazard, recrudesce, break away, free, oust, cave in, let out, give, notice, repetition, intumescency, get around, pass on, wear, bat, ping, thud, clash, pick apart, encounter, whop, come across, smash, black eye, swipe, get hold, regain, dismiss, keep, gust, pause, gibbosity, occur, run into, hump, blast, reduce, criticise, boot, line up, displace, fall out, clunk, plump, fracture, break down, chuck, go bad, conk out, jar, find oneself, nose candy, take a chance, take place, adventure, receive, divulge, come about, break dance, throw out, incur, break out, pass, disclose, jutting, pass off, take on, risk, pink, prominence, materialize, retrieve, happen, go on, coke, swat, run a risk, go, come apart, meet, jut, buffet
impulse (part of speech: noun)
snap (part of speech: noun)
motivate (part of speech: verb)
launch, motivate, catapult, move, instigate, throw, heave, goad, energize, hurtle, lob, hurl, induce, inspire, shoot, provoke, impel, fling, urge, trigger, hasten, drive, stimulate, encourage, ferment, entice, ram, jostle, propel, force, foment, magnetize, fire, prompt