Definition of bureaucracy:
- A system of carrying on the business of government by means of departments or bureaus, each under the control of a chief, in contradiction to a system in which the officers of government have an associated authority and responsibility; also, government conducted on this system.
- Government officials, collectively.
Capitol Hill, mode, manner, city council, bureaucratism, means, congress, caucus, apparatus, they, tactic, red tape, method, way, authority, assembly, city hall, cabinet, procedure, technique, system, government, administration, basis.
- "Napoleon the Little", Victor Hugo.
- "Combat", Dallas McCord Reynolds.
- "Joe Burke's Last Stand", John Moncure Wetterau.