Definition of burning:
sour, crying, impetuous, flaming, flaming, intent, impatient, tan, longing, blistering, keen, yearning, red, frozen, suntan, painful, red-hot, fervid, imperative, dire, burn, electrocution, exigent, aflame, blazing, conflagrant, fevered, red-hot, blistering, smoking, pressing, stinging, intense, combustion, hot-blooded, aflame, importunate, excite, feelings, lighted, biting, rapt, sultry, blazing, heated, sharp, urgent, instant, emergent, vehement, cold, desirous, perfervid, incandescent, fervid, alight, burn mark, sizzling, big, lit, sunburn, hectic, burning at the stake, dithyrambic.
- heating (part of speech: verb)
- excited (part of speech: adjective)
- hot (part of speech: adjective)
- igniting (part of speech: verb)
vigorous (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Window at the White Cat", Mary Roberts Rinehart.
- "Out of the Air", Inez Haynes Irwin.
- "The Shrieking Pit", Arthur J. Rees.