Definition of bushel:
- A dry measure, containing four pecks, eight gallons, or thirty- two quarts.
- A large indefinite quantity.
- A quantity that fills a bushel measure; as, a heap containing ten bushels of apples.
- A vessel of the capacity of a bushel, used in measuring; a bushel measure.
- The iron lining in the nave of a wheel. [ Eng.] In the United States it is called a box. See 4th Bush.
- To mend or repair, as men's garments; to repair garments.
pack, sophisticate, plateful, limit, load, fistful, vivify, yard, store, pay back, loads, plenitude, get, secure, myriad, heap, amend, have-to doe with, reconstruct, pay off, recompense, prepare, wad, pile, set, rectify, recreate, scad, define, come to, animate, fixate, boatload, BMI, determine, impact, revive, desexualise, restore, abundance, chunk, truckload, ream, heal, reams, unsex, gobs, basketful, good deal, plenty, indemnify, mass, pertain, million, scads, relate, stack, bundle, reinstate, ton, repair, situate, raft, carload, trillion, plentitude, restitute, bushel basket, zillion, affect, cook, remedy, quantity, potful, ready, ct., bunch, cubic, deal, area, sight, gob, carat, revivify, lashings, desex, bucket, oodles, gear up, touch, concern, touch on, doctor, multiplicity, much, shipload, pot, dozen, quicken, sterilize, lot, reanimate, furbish up, are, desexualize, deposit, big, sterilise, refer, doctor up, sheaf, mountain, set up, mend, renovate, acre, mess, remediate, resort, regenerate, specify, cu., fix, make, passel, compensate, rejuvenate, reestablish, posit, bear upon, wealth, bear on, slew, spate, jillion, centigram, fasten, profusion, hundred.
- "Ducks and Geese", Harry M. Lamon Rob R. Slocum.
- "The Chums of Scranton High at Ice Hockey", Donald Ferguson.
- "Agriculture in Virginia, 1607-1699", Lyman Carrier.