Definition of butcher:
- A slaughterer; one who kills in large numbers, or with unusual cruelty; one who causes needless loss of life, as in battle.
- One who slaughters animals, or dresses their flesh for market; one whose occupation it is to kill animals for food.
- To kill or slaughter ( animals) for food, or for market; as, to butcher hogs.
- To murder, or kill, especially in an unusually bloody or barbarous manner.
tripper, boner, mow down, blunderer, pratfall, homicide, killer, blunder, murderess, help, put to death, slayer, manslayer, criminal, fuckup, boo-boo, slaughterer, massacrer, triggerman, bloomer, bungle, fumbler, botcher, merchant, stumbler, botcher, bungler, botch, sad sack, flub, despatch, meatman, murderer, cutthroat, slaughter, blooper, bumbler, businessperson, foul-up.
- "The Rise of the Dutch Republic, Volume II.(of III) 1566-74", John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: January 25, 2009.
- "Blue-grass and Broadway", Maria Thompson Daviess.
- "The Plow-Woman", Eleanor Gates.