Definition of bye:
- A dwelling.
- A run made upon a missed ball; as, to steal a bye.
- A thing not directly aimed at; something which is a secondary object of regard; an object by the way, etc.; as in on or upon the bye, i. e., in passing; indirectly; by implication.
- In certain games, a station or place of an individual player.
- In various sports in which the contestants are drawn in pairs, the position or turn of one left with no opponent in consequence of an odd number being engaged; as, to draw a bye in a round of a tennis tournament.
- The hole or holes of a stipulated course remaining unplayed at the end of a match.
goodby, adios, laissez passer, fling, flip, strait, passing play, pass, straits, adieu, whirl, au revoir, crack, so long, base on balls, toss, bye-bye, liberty chit, qualifying, arrivederci, mountain pass, auf wiedersehen, passing game, go, walk, good-bye, goodbye, good day, sayonara, good-by, passing, cheerio, notch, passport, offer, head.
- "The Rosary", Florence L. Barclay.
- "Ted Marsh on an Important Mission", Elmer Sherwood.
- "Forty Years a Gambler on the Mississippi", George H. Devol.