Definition of C:
- after the clef is the mark of common time, in which each measure is a semibreve ( four fourths or crotchets); for alla breve time it is written .
- As a numeral, stands for Latin centum or 100, Cfor 200, etc.
- is the third letter of the English alphabet. It is from the Latin letter C, which in old Latin represented the sounds of k, and g ( in go); its original value being the latter.
- The clef, a modification of the letter C, placed on any line of the staff, shows that line to be middle C.
- The keynote of the normal or natural scale, which has neither flats nor sharps in its signature; also, the third note of the relative minor scale of the same.
cardinal, centred, 00s, century, dollar, coulomb, hundred, light speed, ampere-second, x, approximate, eighties, g, academic year, atomic number 6, bed, annual, consumption, distinction, bcc, 4, cc, double flat, carbon, B.C., wrong, aitch, bowl, crown, v, beat, b, 2, bite, A.D., dime, crotchet, FWIW, cocain, bit, biannual, degree Centigrade, crumb, Fahrenheit, GPA, Roman numeral, incorrect, speed of light, broadly, cocaine, degree Celsius, e, a hundred, degree, bass, inaccurate, questionable, coke, i, imprecise, can, celsius, l, do, BTW, inexact, euro, approximately, h, AUD, boiling point, 1, chord, one C, 100, absolute zero, one hundred, batch, snow, dinar, bimetallic strip, full marks, cake, 8, roughly, centigrade, ct., bowlful, deoxycytidine monophosphate, B.C.E., demerit, f, d, m, biannual, ABC's, calendar, cent, a.