Definition of cake :
1. A mass of matter concreted, congealed, or molded into a solid mass of any form, esp. into a form rather flat than high; as, a cake of soap; an ague cake.
2. A small mass of dough baked; especially, a thin loaf from unleavened dough; as, an oatmeal cake; johnnycake.
3. A sweetened composition of flour and other ingredients, leavened or unleavened, baked in a loaf or mass of any size or shape.
4. A thin wafer- shaped mass of fried batter; a griddlecake or pancake; as buckwheat cakes.
5. To cackle as a goose.
6. To concrete or consolidate into a hard mass, as dough in an oven; to coagulate.
7. To form into a cake, or mass.
surface, concrete, block, barroom, streak, loaf, measure, coat, stripe, cube, dry, bar, indurate, congeal, legal community, mass, taproom, slab, ginmill, solid, set, harden, solidify, patty, prevention, legal profession, saloon, petrify
excel (part of speech: verb)