Definition of calculated :
1. Adapted by calculation, contrivance. or forethought to accomplish a purpose; as, to use arts calculated to deceive the people.
2. Likely to produce a certain effect, whether intended or not; fitted; adapted; suited.
3. Worked out by calculation; as calculated tables for computing interest; ascertained or conjectured as a result of calculation; as, the calculated place of a planet; the calculated velocity of a cannon ball.
deliberate, purpose, deliberately, by design, advised, metrical, careful, calculated to do something, thought-out, knowing, consciously, mensural, thoughtful, mensurable, on purpose, studious, wise, metric, knowingly, derived, calculable
calculated (part of speech: verb)
systematized, gauged, computed, reckoned, quantized, ranked, planned, concluded, deduced, thought, presumed, summed, guessed, considered, supposed, valued, counted, totaled, weighed, schemed, inferred, scheduled, assessed, tallied, divided, determined, evaluated, surmised, plotted, approximated, programmed, scored, studied, rationalized, rated, judged, multiplied, measured, accounted, figured, added, enumerated, quantified, triangulated, appraised, estimated
measured (part of speech: adjective)
thought (part of speech: verb)
deliberate (part of speech: adjective)
- The movement was well calculated. - "The Son of his Father", Ridgwell Cullum.
- While we went I calculated our chances. - "Ayesha The Further History of She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed", H. Rider Haggard.
- Indeed so much of my future peace of mind turned upon the direction which his feelings would take, that my manner was probably well calculated to give this impression. - "Ellen Middleton--A Tale", Georgiana Fullerton.