Definition of calf:
- A small mass of ice set free from the submerged part of a glacier or berg, and rising to the surface.
- An awkward or silly boy or young man; any silly person; a dolt.
- Leather made of the skin of the calf; especially, a fine, light- colored leather used in bookbinding; as, to bind books in calf.
- The fleshy hinder part of the leg below the knee.
- The young of the cow, or of the Bovine family of quadrupeds. Also, the young of some other mammals, as of the elephant, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, and whale.
crotch, maverick, ball, armpit, lambkin, sura, foal, big toe, filly, kid, brood, piglet, yearling, clubfoot, fawn, cub, young bull, bunny, bullock, whelp, lionet, colt, arm, arch, appendage, pup, lamb, ankle, chick, dogie, calfskin, puppy, freemartin, kitten, joey, baby, animal.
- "A Canadian Bankclerk", J. P. Buschlen.
- "Revisiting the Earth", James Langdon Hill.
Works of a Union Martyr- Eloquent Writings of a Hero- Should be in every American Library- Take it home to your wife- Twenty editions ordered in advance of publication- Half- calf, $ 1.- Send in your orders.- "The Orpheus C. Kerr Papers. Series 1", Robert H. Newell.