Definition of caliber:
lineament, measurement, tone, aegir, gage, calibre, dullard, timber, gauge, bore, merit, tidal bore, value, good, character, quality, standard of measurement, length, bore-hole, be, worth, stature, class, timbre, eager, drill hole, eagre, virtue.
- character (part of speech: noun)
- thickness (part of speech: noun)
- degree (part of speech: noun)
- "The Young Forester", Zane Grey.
- "Torchy, Private Sec.", Sewell Ford.
At least 50, 000 workmen in the United States are now employed under this system; and they are receiving from 30 per cent to 100 per cent higher wages daily than are paid to men of similar caliber with whom they are surrounded, while the companies employing them are more prosperous than ever before.- "The Principles of Scientific Management", Frederick Winslow Taylor.